Thursday, April 24, 2008

Monday April 20th 2008: My first stomach bug since arrival

Well I guess it was bound to happen as it does to most travelers in third world countries. This morning I got since from some water I drank. It was supposed to have been heated but I am not sure it was now. Anyway, have spent most of the day with an upset stomach and feeling exhausted. Cipro to the rescue! Hopefully tomorrow will be better. It’s a bummer though as I really wanted to get out today as I am alone. I wanted to see this spot called the rock garden but will try to go during the week.
In the evening Dr Ken and Dr Anne came for their final visit to Mama Bakhita. They specifically told us to take care of 2 disabled boys they have decided to sponsor and move from a horrible
facility where they are staying. They were moved to tears. So we should be moving them next week to Mvomero.

No comments: